- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Be amazed by a visit to the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, “the living wonders of the world”
- Explore ancient Jewish Histry, culture and heritage
- Explore the ancient city of Axum the last resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
- Visit the ruins of the Queen of Sheba
- Discover the fairytale castles of Gondar
- Visit the breathtaking Simien Mountains National Park, “the Roof of Africa”
- Discover the ancient Island monasteries of Lake Tana
- Visit the source of the mighty river, the Blue Nile & Blue Nile falls
- Visit the vibrant city of Addis Ababa, Africa’s Capital
- Meet your ancestor LUCY at the National Museum
- Visit different less visited sites and meet with the local people
- Test varied Ethiopian food and attend Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony
Day 1: Arrive Addis Ababa
Arrive in Addis Ababa (ADD), Ethiopia. Welcome to Ethiopia! Upon arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, you will be welcomed and assisted by your tour guide and driver. There will be a short drive to your hotel.
The rest of the day, you will have city tour of Addis Ababa which includes the National Museum, one of the churches of Addis Ababa, Piassa and you will enjoy the view from Mount Entoto. Here in Addis Ababa, we can also arrange a visit to Jewish Synagogue, community, and heritage Sites in Addis Ababa.
Accommodation: Hotel -Addis Ababa.
Day 2: Addis Ababa- Bahirdar (B-D)
In the morning, fly to Bahirdar. At Bahirdar, you will be picked by your driver for the transfer to your hotel. After check in to hotel, In the morning, we will have boat cruise over Lake Tana to visit the ancient 14th century island monasteries of Lake Tana. The 37 islands of Lake Tana shelter twenty monasteries-surviving remnants of an old, contemplative tradition. In the afternoon you will drive 35 KM to visit the majestic Blue Nile Falls.
Day 3: Bahirdar -Gondar –UNESCO World Heritage Site (B-D)
After breakfast, drive to Gondar through the beautiful countryside scenery of Fogera to arrive at Gondar around lunchtime.
Gondar, founded by Emperor Fasiledas around 1635. This UNESCO World Heritage is famous for its many medieval castles and the design and architecture of its churches-in particular, Debre Birhan Selassie represents a masterpiece of unique Ethiopian School of traditional art. This afternoon, you will visit the ancient city. Here in Gonder, we will also have a chance to visit some Jewish heritage sites and communities.
Day 4: Gondar-Axum-UNESCO World Heritage Site (B-D)
In the morning, transfer to the Airport for your flight to Axum. A short flight takes you to Axum. After check in to the Hotel, you will start to visit the ancient city of Axum.
This is the birthplace of Ethiopian civilization and the last resting place of the Holy Ark of the Covenant. This is also one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.
The rest of the day you will explore the ancient city and its major attractions.
Day 5: Axum-Lalibela -UNESCO’s World Heritage Site (B-D)
After having an early breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Axum Airport for your flight to Lalibela. After check in to hotel, we will drive to the site where we will find a concentration of some of Ethiopia’s most famous rock-hewn churches, mostly referred by many as “the living wonders of the world” These churches are, and they have been for at least 800 years, an active Christian shrine, the spiritual center of the country’s religious life. The monolithic churches were carved out of 2,600-sq meter natural rock terrace in the 12-century AD by king Lalibela.
Today, we will visit the first group of rock-hewn churches. In the evening, there will be Ethiopian traditional coffee ceremony for the group prepared at a local house.
Accommodation: Hotel -Lalibela
Day 6: Asheten Mariam-Lalibela (B-D)
In the morning, take a mule ride, and /or walk to the top of Asheten Mariam Monastery, this is very famous for its 12-century monastery church and beautiful view at 10,298 ft above sea level.
After having lunch and rest at the hotel, you will continue your journey into Ethiopia’s long and marvelous history with a visit to other St. Lalibela’s remarkable churches-their architecture and artistry must be seen to be believed.
Accommodation: Hotel -Lalibela.
Day 7: Lalibela-Addis Ababa-Departure (B-D)
After breakfast, transfer to Lalibela airport for the flight to Addis Ababa. After check in to hotel, the rest of the day you will have city tour of Addis Ababa which includes: Merkato, the largest open air market, and the view of Addis Ababa from Entoto. Group will also have the chance to walk around Piassa and Churchill Avenue for shopping.
In the evening, there will be a special Ethiopian farewell dinner party with traditional buffet. There will also be a live cultural dance show of the different ethnic groups living in the country. There will not be any better way of ending a trip. At the end of the farewell dinner party, transfer to Addis Ababa airport f End of tour!
- roundtrip as per program
- transport in mini- or coaster bus with AC
- all necessary transfers
- 6 nights accommodation in good hotels in double rooms
- all meals as stated in the program
- all entrance fees
- boat trip on Lake Tana
- English speaking, qualified national tour guide
- farewell-dinner (flight schedule permitting)
- visa fees
- meals not stated in the program
- all expenses of personal nature (drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.)
- domestic flights